Why am I reading it?
- I saw a great interview with the authors. It's about 30 minutes long but you can download it and listen while you're walking, cooking, driving . . .
- I've read another book by Sue Edwards, and it was excellent. She is a prof at Dallas Theological Seminary and is smart, warm and approachable.
- I'm interested in mentoring and want to understand why it doesn't always work the way we want it to. I've seen too many women disappointed and even hurt by a mentoring experience.
- I'm sad to admit it, but I've been the one who disappointed someone I was mentoring years ago. And I think I might have disappointed someone else recently. But I know I've also helped others. Why do some mentoring relationships work out, but others flounder?
- Our CBC Women's Support Team is reading and discussing this book during our monthly meetings. It's stimulating some great discussion.
- I don't have daughters, but I want to be involved in the lives of young women. How can I do that effectively?
- I don't want to get stuck in my ways and lose touch with current culture.
That's what I'm reading and why. What about you?